Back to Basics

Hello fellow crafters.  I have been absent from posting mainly because I've been working on a mini album which I seldom do and when I start one it takes me literally days/weeks to complete.  All the coordinating and planning each page is just time-consuming, especially when you have 38 pages to design!  I finally took a break so I could go back to basics, meaning back to making cards.

My vision for the card I am sharing was to keep it relatively simple, elegant, and soft...hopefully I succeeded in doing this.  Here is my card as well as a side view of the card so you can get a sneak preview of the inside.



To create this card I used 80# Bazzill cardstock and 110# cardstock for the base that I picked up at Michaels during their sale.  I used a Memory Box Diamond Background die to cut both the foam backing as well as the top diamond frame.  

My image is from Power Poppy stamps and I colored it with Copic markers. The pearls were painted pink and here is a tip, if you're going to paint your pearls do that before you apply them to your project (learned my lesson). Lastly, I added a Recollections flower and used pieces from the diamond cutout on the inside to tie it back to the front of the card.

Copics Used on this Project:
Petals; RV10, RV11, Y23
Branches and Leaves; E31, G40, G43 and B0000 for shading.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination - #134 Anything Goes (10/03)
Crafty Creations - #350 Anything Goes (9/25)
Simply Papercraft - #50 Anything Goes (9/27)
Creative Fingers - #137 Anything Goes (10/07)
Crafting With Friends - #51 Anything Goes (10/07)
Colour Crazy Craft - #38 Anything Goes (10/07)

As always I thank you for stopping by and hope you will stop by often.  Also, remember that your comments are appreciated and welcomed.


Sending Hugs from Texas
~Lesia~


5 comments:

Tindaloo said...

Gorgeous card and your image looks so fab against the trellis background :)
Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers
PS: I got a xmas blogcandy on my blog if you wanna join in!
♥ DT Tindaloo

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card. Love the colouring.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Lesia - love the way you have raised the trellis die cut on foam, it adds just so much interest to this beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Meg said...

Your background die is perfect! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge!

msafrocentric2012 said...

The card is soft, lovely and simple. I love the die you mated on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...